Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Love 'em Or Hate 'em

I recently bought a domain name from a company that advertised on Howard Stern's show at one point. After my purchase I got a call from a sales rep who wanted to make sure everything worked out okay. The rep, who was a woman, asked me how I found out about their company. I told her ''The Howard Stern Show'' and I heard dead silence for a few seconds. Then it seemed as if her attitude had just done a 180 and all off a sudden she was speaking lower and in a monotone as if I had just insulted her. Just the mention of Howard's name had changed her attitude. She didn't say anything about him, it was just the tone of her voice that made me think that it was Howard's name that had infuriated her. I've seen people react like that in person before too. It's really amazing how his name can do that to a person.