Friday, September 01, 2006

Stern Show All Request Weekend - 1985-2005

Starting at 3 o'clock this afternoon (Eastern) Howard 100 started their Labor Day All Request Weekend. For those of you who don't already know, they're playing only classic moments from Howard's terrestrial radio show at K-Rock. Howard worked at K-Rock from 1985 to 2005 so they have 20 years worth of tapes to play.

I have to say that after just 45 minutes of classic material, I'm thrilled. I've been listening to Howard Stern since 1988 and I thought I had heard just about everything. The first thing played today was a clip from Howard's first day at K-Rock from November 18, 1985. I'd never heard that clip before and it was very funny. I didn't think I was going to laugh out loud at Howard's show from 20 years ago. I was so wrong.

As of about 3:55pm they've played a bunch of things. Here's what you've missed if you don't have your SIRIUS radio yet...
  • Howard's first day at K-Rock. - Nov. 18, 2005
  • "The Ben Stern Daycare Center" bit. - Sept. 7, 1990
  • Dave Grohl performing an acoustic version of "Everlong" live in Howard's studio.
  • Meg Griffin complains about Sam Kinison. - Aug. 2, 1991
  • John Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora's acoustic version of "Wanted Dead or Alive."
  • A Crackhead Bob History moment.
  • "Scott From The Block" song parody. - Dec. 6, 2002
  • Stone Temple Pilots performing "Plush" live in Howard's studio.
The All Request Weekend runs through the whole Labor Day weekend, right up to Monday Night at Midnight. Tune in and check out some classic Stern if you can.